Terms & Conditions .
Last updated 10th March 2023
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to our website and any other Decode websites(collectively, the “Websites”) that links to these Terms.
Some Websites and certain content may be subject to different or additional terms. By accessing any other Websites or content, you agree to be bound by any additional terms that govern use of each such Website or such content.
Please read these Terms carefully as they contain important information regarding your legal rights, remedies and obligations with respect to your use of the Websites, including but not limited to various limitations, exclusions, and indemnities.
By accessing or using the Websites, and the content and services available via the Websites, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms in all respects with respect tocl the Websites; such agreement will be deemed for all legal purposes to be in writing and legally enforceable as a signed written agreement. If you are not willing to be bound by each and every term or condition, or if any representation made herein by you is not true, you may not use, and must cease using, the Websites.
You will use the Websites only for lawful purposes. If at any time you become aware of any violation, by any person or entity, of any part of these Terms, you will immediately notify us at email@example.com and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy such violation.
In using the Websites, you must not do any of the following:
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Websites any materials that are or may be: (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating, or otherwise fail to respect the rights and dignity of others; (b) defamatory, libellous, fraudulent or otherwise tortious; (c) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (d) potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment, such as a virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter Egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program (each, a “Virus”).
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available through the Websites any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right, without the express prior written consent of the applicable owner.
- Use the Websites for any commercial purpose or otherwise use the Websites for processing data or other information on behalf of any third party.
- Use the Websites for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Websites or the servers or networks used to make the Websites available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of any of the Websites; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Websites.
- Create or share content without first obtaining any necessary permissions from third parties or otherwise use the Websites to post or transmit any information that you do not have the right to provide; that would violate any applicable law or regulation; or that would violate, infringe or misappropriate any third party right or interest.
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Websites except as expressly authorised herein, without Decode’s express prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of any of the Websites, except where such restriction is expressly permitted by applicable law.
- Remove or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice on the Websites or content you access via the Websites.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Websites, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Websites into any product or service, without Decode’s express prior written consent.
- Use any robot, spider, Websites search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to (a) retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather content from the Websites, (b) reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Websites, or (c) harvest or collect information about users of the Websites without Decode’s express prior written consent.
If you do not comply with these Terms (or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect or are investigating suspected non-compliance), we may suspend your access to the Websites or take any other steps we consider appropriate.
Liabilities and Warranties
Limitation of Liability
“The Websites are provided for information purposes only and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Decode and the Decode Parties exclude all liability for any loss or damage of whatever kind and however arising in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Websites and any materials you obtain via the Websites save that we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful for us to do so.
You acknowledge and accept that use of the Websites is subject to the risks inherent in any connection and transmission on the internet, in particular in relation to security risks and vulnerabilities, technical performance and risk of interruption. Accordingly, neither Decode nor any Decode Parties are liable to you in any circumstances for any losses or damages caused by disruption or failure of internet networks or for any interruptions to or restrictions on the accessibility of the Websites arising for any reason, including, but not limited to, by reason of a virus, security related vulnerability, or technical or operational failure of any nature.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE DECODE PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, SECURITY BREACHES, VIRUSES, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES OR COMMERCIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, THE SITE, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SAME, OR ANY OTHER SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF.
THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE DECODE PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEBSITES; ANY INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THEM; ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITES OR THE INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THEM; OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES – INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR SIMILAR LOSSES OR DAMAGES – THAT ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS OBTAINED BY YOU VIA OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITES.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend (at the indemnified party’s option), indemnify, and hold the Decode Parties and their insurers harmless from and against any action, proceedings, claims, causes of action, demand, debts, losses, damages, charges, expenses and costs, including reasonable legal costs and/or any amount paid to settle any action or to satisfy a judgement and expenses of any kind and character whatsoever incurred by us relating to or arising from any content or information posted or transmitted by you using the Websites or otherwise arising out of your use of the Websites or use of the Websites by any third party who is given or gains access to the Websites due to your action or inaction. Your indemnification obligation to the Decode Parties includes but is not limited to any instance where one or more of your Submissions (a) infringes any Third Party Content or other third-party intellectual property rights, or (b) is inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful.
The Decode Parties have the right at any time to forego the indemnification and assume the defence of any claim. Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is not the intent of the Decode Parties to affect the rights of the Decode Parties or their insurers to assume the defence or settlement of any claim against any Decode Party for which insurance coverage is sought under any applicable insurance policy.
Disclaimers and Assumptions of Risk
Decode makes no representations or warranties about the Websites. The Websites and all information provided to you via the Websites is provided “as is” and “as available”. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Decode Parties disclaim all express, implied, and statutory warranties with respect to the same, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, non-interference, error-free service, and uninterrupted service. Decode neither represents nor warrants that the Websites, services and content provided through the Websites, or software or information downloaded from the Websites will be accurate, current, uninterrupted, error-free, omission-free, or free from viruses or other harmful components.
BY MAKING AVAILABLE THE WEBSITES, DECODE IS NOT MAKING AN OFFER OF ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR GOODS, AND NONE OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE WEBSITES SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR SERVICE.
Some jurisdictions prohibit the disclaimer of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation of certain types of liability. In such circumstances, to the extent that such prohibitions prohibit any exclusions and limitations in these Terms, such exclusions and limitations will not apply to you strictly to the extent necessary to make these Terms consistent with such prohibitions.
Other legal provisions
We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time without notice to you, but we will use reasonable efforts to publish each amendment before such amendment becomes effective. We will only amend these Terms if the provisions in the Terms are no longer appropriate or if they are incomplete, and only if the changes are reasonable. The latest, fully-amended version of these Terms will be published on the Websites. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Websites to obtain timely notice of such amendments. If you continue to use the Websites after the effective date of any amendment, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted such amended version of these Terms.
Your use of the Websites, and the content and features accessed through them, constitutes your agreement to these Terms; such agreement will be deemed for all legal purposes to be in writing and legally enforceable as a signed written agreement.
Any cause of action you may have with respect to these Terms or the Websites must be commenced within one year after the claim or cause of action arose, or it will be barred.
Inquiries and complaints
For complaints on the terms and conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Note we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your complaint.
Please allow up to 30 days for Decode to respond to your complaint. It will not always be possible to
resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with Decode’s response to a
complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (at
www.oaic.gov.au/) to lodge a complaint.